Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hello World!

Hello everybody. How are you today?

Today is about one year in my trading carrier in Betfair markets, trading pre race horse markets and some in-play tennis markets. I wish that I could say that I am successful trader, and I created this blog to show how my big profits are and talk about how cool I am. Unfortunately it's not like that, actually the situation is opposite. At this time I am in bottom, and I created this blog to help me to get out of this crisis. In that long time period I got lots of "A-HA" moments, lots of times I was on the peak, and somehow I always find the way to fall down again. Somehow I lost trader's mindset completely. I feel that I know lots about markets, and how they are moving, but for some reasons I can't become consistent. Probably my subconscious mind is sabotaging my success. And I need to get back in that state where I felt confident and calm then trading, it's for sure lack of trader's mindset.

Before starting trading in Betfair markets I swear myself that I will put as much time and efforts as needed to become successful trader and I tend to keep on this. I give myself one more year to go. After that deadline if no positive results shows I am going to quit trading and start to look for real job. In this blog I will be going to analyze my results and my psychological improvement about getting in the right trader's mindset.

Short about myself: I am 23 years old from Lithuania, probably noticed that my English is not going to be perfect, but I hope that you understand what I am speaking about. Finally finishing Information Engineering (nerd on the computer) bachelor degree this year. I love to read books, most of them self-improvement, but sometimes well known people biographies too. At this time period I am mostly interested of trading psychology books, what I am going to read again is "Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude" by Mark Douglas and "The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist" by  Brett N. Steenbarger. Probably I will comment some crucial ideas from these books in this blog. Actually Brett Steenbarger highly recommends to start trading journal :) here we go... Other hobbies: photography, travels ...

So that's all at this first post. In the next post I am going to write about my trading story from a start to this point where am I now. And probably will try to make a plan for next few months. I hope this read is going to be useful not only for me to concentrate but for betfair beginners too. Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, neighbor! Is there some online meeting place for Lithuanian traders? We, Latvians, does have some formus but they are far from being very helpful. Of course there is simple information, but nothing in depth about trading.

    Do you know others traders ir Lithuania?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, yes I know few of them. But we don't have any forum. Trading is very personal thing, we use very different strategies-styles, and sometimes we joke that we use very different approach and still everybody is making some profits with methods that others of us are laughing of them. In my trading experience there is only one way to learn trading, find your own path, your own strategies what works for you. In other hand about strategies-edges sharing is that they stop working after too much people know it, so good traders don't want to share them, especially in public.

    ReplyDelete