Sunday, February 13, 2011

My trading story from a beggining and yesterdays trading results

Hey guys! How are you today?

Yesterdays results
Almost finished to read "Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas, what I can say about it? It's a MUST for all traders, especially for beginners. I can remember very accurate comment in amazon.com: "The Book You Must Read Before Making Your Next Trade!". I feel that it helped me to get back in a traders mindset. I hope that it will gonna last for unlimited time :) So here you can see my yesterday trading results on horses. It's finally looks like consistent trader's results, what I am dreaming about a long time :) Used 40eu liability, traded only favorites. And how you can see these small profits adds up very nicely in the end of the day.





My trading story
I started trading betfair markets in October 2009.  Probably like most of the traders I came from betting background, which you can guess was a failure. Was doing various greyhound betting systems, in the end I came to conclusion that I am getting little smaller price than I need to be successful at this. And in the mean time of course I found some trader's blogs about big and consistent profits. So I got in and I am in till now. Was thinking if other people can do that I can do it too, why not? We are all humans, and everything can be learned. Since October 2009 learning process started. Few firsts months were so difficult and painful, almost every day I was in red, and couldn't find a way to make profit anyway. Probably I decided not to quit trading because read some motivation books, like "Think and grow rich" by Napaleon Hill, who was talking that every success demands not to give up to early. Read others books like Kiyosaki's books about financial independence. So somehow I never gave up it, and every day was dreaming about success .


So first months I was trading only favorites in horse racing, lots of time lost all my bank going inplay with my inability to take big losses, which lead me to bigger losses and painful experiences. Without any success found it easier to trade odds bigger than 10. Only from a back side, which allowed me to have small trading bank. After long time of UPs and DOWNs I decided to try other sports, like football and tennis. In tennis trading I got some help from consistent winner TradeShark, and his small trading guide. At last I got few consistent months, was so happy to make some nice profits. It looked so easy comparing with horse trading. I was thinking at last, I did it :) I reached my dream, to learn how to trade consistently, but I was wrong, I still had a bad trader's mindset. The next few months was so bad that I lost more than I earned before. Started doing bad things, crucial trading errors, like chasing losses, putting to much money then I was not confident, leaving money on the table. These things came from my inability to take small losses, which meant for me a painful experiences. So after that my self-sabotage I quit trading for six months, I needed time to finish the hardest semester in university and take a break in trading.

In that time I was very interested in FOREX trading. Got MAX trading system videos (webinars). It's very interesting learning material about technical analysis. It was so interesting that I am still thinking one day to try forex trading with this system. What I found most interesting that it was said MAX is working in every market, it means that this system works on betfair horse markets too :), of course with some minor changes. So after six months break I got a "quantsports" to have some nice charts and technical indicators to follow. But again, they was showing right things, but I was not able to act right one them. I was in bad traders mindset! No success again, so left that idea. Then I found edge in "in play racing". Got one month very profitable, and again, somehow my subconscious mind sabotages me, started to loose money in flat areas, doing stupid errors. So not much to say. Finally after tons of emotional pain I understand that I need to change my mindset, so took "trading in the zone" again. So I am here :) 

Was thinking lots about my trading carrier these days. And I hope that I will be able to build a consistent traders mindset. Here you can see my account's all time trading withdrawals and deposits chart. It shows how much inconsistent I am, and how I need to change my thinking. At this time totally I am about 2k EU down in betfair.






So my plan for next few months are - trade pre race horses with MAX edge using QuantSports-NinjaTrader charting. I will be going to use progressive staking management, 10% profit per day seems to be realistic.
And of course my main GOAL is to seek and train my mind to become consistent winner!


That's it folks :) Have a nice day

No comments:

Post a Comment