Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meditation and trading

It's very important to stay fully focused, emotional calm and stay "in the now moment" then trading. Meditation actually do this, it trains your brain to stay concentrated in the now moment., it breaks negative past associations, puts you in more objective mindset. When meditation is practiced regularly  it helps you to reach new levels of awareness, improves your health, cleans your mind from never ending random thoughts. After some time your memory improves, your thinking process becomes more accurate and clear. After meditation you sometimes get A-HA moments about your problems, you gonna get more insights too.

I can talk and talk about positive meditation effects. I read few books about it, and I was practicing it for some time, but never got it in my habits, so after time I just forgot to do that or I became too lazy bastard to practice it. Furthermore I read somewhere in Brett N.Steenberg book that some traders practice meditation for better trading results and it's very recommended for us traders. 


So my next step for improving my traders mindset is to start meditate regularly. I will try every day to sit down for 10-30 minutes and clean my head before markets starts. I believe its gonna improve my ability to stay in the now moment. So if you are interested in this practice your best friend is google, find a guide to help you with this stuff and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment